Thanks to Dictionaries, the Administrator can keep an eye on the quality of the extracted data. A correct dictionary management policy allows the correct:
Before you start
- Dictionary policies are worth thinking about well before you start editing data. Subsequent changes will involve massive changes to attribute values.
- Dictionaries are independent of the data. They are created in Settings -> Dictionaries. The same dictionary can be “pinned” to multiple attributes in multiple Sources.
- We assign dictionaries to Data Sources, not to Layers (read about the differences between Source and Layer). All Layers that are created from one source inherit the assigned Dictionaries. This preserves the integrity of the data.
Find out more
- How to create a dictionary?
- How to edit a dictionary and how to manage dictionary values?
- How to “pin” a Dictionary to an Attribute?
- How to create a dictionary based on existing values in an attribute field?