The module can be based on two data sources. The configuration is decided by the System Administrator in the Administration Panel:
- Universal Geocoding Service (UUG)
- System – The search engine is based on address points uploaded to the System (as a general layer).
Example of UUG-based operation
Important: addresses must be entered in the convention: Town, Street House No. (the comma is important!)
Go to Administration panel -> Modules -> Address search engine
There is no magic here. Simply select the GUGIK API from the drop-down list.
- To begin with, you need to upload (import) a data source with address data. This can be a file with any data that has the following attributes:
- Then select “Search provider” -> “System”.
- Then indicate the source from point 1 as “data source with address points” and
- indicate the attribute in which the locality name is stored
- indicate the attribute in which the street name is stored
- indicate the attribute in which the real estate reference number is stored
- indicate the attribute that stores the postcode
- Click save
A system-based address finder, in a web application, works by searching a string of characters, according to the phrase contained.
– It is not case-sensitive.
– Prompts are returned in alphabetical order (address numbers are text, so the list returns results by text sorting)
– The number of prompts is limited to 25 in alphabetical order to limit the number of results returned when searching by whole phrases