- adding new attributes to the data (or deleting),
- adding dictionaries to attributes
- procedures relating to editing (including mass editing) of attributes
in order to achieve the desired objectives.
Example of use
Problem to be solved: collecting information on whether there is an electrical installation on a pole for an advertising device. Instead of adding a new layer, it is sufficient to add a new attribute to the existing pole layer:
- Add a new attribute e.g. Advertising installation
- Add a dictionary in values [YES, NO, No data].
- Fill in the data with the attribute values by editing.
Based on the data prepared in this way, you can create a layer “with filter” containing only objects that have YES as an attribute value. This will result in a layer with columns that have installation. This layer will update itself on a regular basis (as soon as someone changes an attribute in the main layer, the filter layer will update itself).